Home › Advice and Guidance › Community › Issues › Fraud & Internet Fraud

Fraud & Internet Fraud

Action Fraud is the UK's national fraud and internet crime reporting centre.  They provide a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime.  If you have been scammed, ripped off or conned - get in touch with them here http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ to report a fraud or get help and advice on fraud prevention. Alternatively you can call them on 0300 1232040

Tenancy Fraud is a term used to describe a range of different circumstances where council housing is obtained improperly or is misused or wrongly occupied.  This is a matter for your local council.

Benefit Fraud is when someone claiming Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support intentionally fails to notify the council's benefit section when their circumstances have changed, or when they make a false statement to receive the benefit or support.  This should be reported to your local council.

Whistle-blowing is a means of contacting councils' internal audit teams to report potential irregularity concerning the council.  It may be a criminal act such as theft or fraud; it may be failure to observe or breaches of the councils' governing policies and procedures.  Again this should be reported to your local council.

Unless you have contacted someone directly for a specific service, NEVER give out your personal or bank information. If someone rings you, emails you or comes to your addeess you have no way of confirming who they are or who they represent.

REMEMBER - A genuine representative would not be offended if you asked them to confirm their legitimacy.

Where to find information

Blaenau Gwent


Online Reportingwebsite
Telephone0800 854440 (English) / 0800 6783722 (Welsh)
General Informationwebsite



Online Reportingwebsite
Telephone01633 656656
General Informationwebsite


Online Reporting[email protected]
Telephone01495 766324
General Informationwebsite
Email[email protected]