To assist us in processing your application as quickly as possible please ensure that the form is completed in its entirety, any omissions may result in the application being returned and may cause unnecessary delay. If a particular section does not apply please state NOT APPLICABLE.
ALL convictions, including motoring offences and conditional discharges, MUST be disclosed even if you consider they are of a minor nature.
PLEASE REMEMBER FAILURE TO DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN PROSECUTION.
Before granting any application, the Chief Officer of Police has statutory responsibility, to be satisfied that you can be trusted with, and that you have, ‘Good Reason’ for possessing a certificate and that you can do so without danger to public safety or to the peace. You can therefore expect to be interviewed, after initial administration enquires have been completed, by a Firearms Enquiry Officer.
Please read the notes at the end of each form carefully as you are required to supply payment and signed photographs in some instances. Check the amount you must pay in our Licensing Fee's section.
The form should be returned to:
Firearms Licensing Department | Gwent Police | Police Headquarters | Croesyceiliog | Cwmbran | Gwent | NP44 2XJ
If you do not wish to renew your certificate you need to either send a written letter to the above address or an email to the department stating this.
Further advice may be obtained by telephoning the office Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday 08:00 – 16:00 on:
(01495) 745446 / 745445 / 745462 / 745340 / 768458
Email: [email protected]
- Application for Grant or Renewal of Firearm and/or Shotgun Certificate
- Application for a Visitor's Firearm or Shotgun Permit (Form 107)
- Application to Vary a Firearms Certificate
- Guidance Notes - Application for the Grant or Renewal of a Firearm and/or Shotgun Certificate
- Cancel Down Certificate Form
- Firearms Licensing External Help and Guidance
- Land Usage Form
- Non Renewal Form - Firearm
- Non Renewal Form - Shotgun
- Target Shooting
- Transfer of Firearms & Shotguns