Request Your Record

The presumption is that when you are stopped and searched, the officer will issue you with a paper slip containing a reference number unique to your stop and search.  If you wish to obtain a copy of your stop and search record, you will need to take the reference number slip to a Gwent police station.

You must have the unique reference number and a form of ID with you.

This can be, for example:

  • your driving licence,
  • your passport,
  • your student ID card.

You can ask for a copy of your stop and search details for up to three months after the stop and search was carried out and we will provide this for you free of charge.

Please note that stop and search details can only be obtained from those police stations with staffed public service counter facilities.  Please check opening times before attending.