Animal welfare and cruelty investigations are generally undertaken by the RSPCA, not the Police

Dog bites and dangerous dogs that are out of control are a matter for the Police and you can call Gwent Police on 101 or 999 if it is an emergency.

For issues such as: dog fouling, noisy dogs, reporting stray dogs, use of leads, reporting dangerous dogs (not currently out of control), breeding licences and information on micro-chipping, you should contact your local council. 

As of 6th April 2016, it became a legal requirement for all dogs over eight weeks old in England and Wales to be microchipped. For more information on microchipping, visit Get Your Dog Microchipped

Contact Information

OrganisationContact NumberWebsite
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council01874
Caerphilly County Borough Council01443 815588 or 01495
Monmouthshire County Council01633
Newport City Council01633
Torfaen County Borough Council01495
RSPCA0300 123