I'm a Victim of Domestic Abuse

We are here to help and there are many options for you.

You can speak to the police by calling 101, by speaking to your local officers in the area you live, or, if you’d rather, you can e-mail us: [email protected]

Remember in an emergency, where the incident is ongoing or life is in danger, always call 999.

If you don’t want to speak to the police there are a number of other agencies who offer free confidential helplines and a range of help and support for victims of domestic abuse and their families, you can find their details here.

The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme, commonly known as Clare’s Law, gives you the opportunity to make enquiries about your partner. If Police checks show that your partner has a record of abusive behaviour, or there is other information to indicate that you may be at risk from your partner, the Police will consider sharing this information with you.

The scheme aims to help you make a more informed decision on whether to continue a relationship, and provides further help and support to assist you when making that choice.