Someone I know is a Victim of Domestic Abuse

You can help by listening patiently. Do not be judgemental and let them know you believe them.  Acknowledge how they are feeling. Do not dismiss their love for the abuser - we all engage in relationships hoping for the best. 

Understand that your friend or family member might not be in a position to leave their partner yet. Be supportive, despite the fact you may disagree with this decision.

Help your friend or family member contact specialist support. There are a number of agencies that can help including the , find more here.

You can speak to the police by calling 101, alternatively speak to your local officers in the area you live - you can find them here, or if you'd rather you can e-mail us; [email protected]. However, remember in an emergency, where the incident is going or life is in danger, always call 999.