Neighbour Disputes

  • Some issues like parking in front of your property, repairing vehicles on the road/private driveway or boundary issues are private and not a matter for the Police or Local Authority
  • Disputes between neighbours can be caused by a variety of reasons. If the dispute involves an assault, a breach of the peace or criminal damage, it is a police matter. Call 101 or 999 in an emergency. Your report needs to be directed to your Local Authority in some cases, see below
  • If you live in either council housing or housing controlled by a social landlord, your housing officer should be the first point of contact

Contact Information

OrganisationContact NumberWebsite
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council01874
Caerphilly County Borough Council01443 815588 or 01495
Monmouthshire County Council01633
Newport City Council01633
Torfaen County Borough Council01495