• Parking obstruction and dangerous parking are matters for the Police, call Gwent Police on 101 to report it
  • Gwent Police are currently the only enforcement agency in respect of parking on the public highway.  As well as parking regulations, we also enforce resident permit parking on the highway
  • Your Local Authority will have responsibility in car parks or other areas away from the public highway  
  • Abandoned vehicles can be the responsibility of the Local Authority unless the vehicle is on the public highway and in contravention to any part of the Road Traffic Act 1988 when it then becomes the responsibility of Gwent Police
  • Untaxed vehicles should be reported to the DVLA and not the Police

Contact Information

OrganisationContact NumberWebsite
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council01495
Caerphilly County Borough Council01443 or 01495
Monmouthshire County Council01633
Newport City Council01633
Torfaen County Borough Council01495