Paying a fine

The Central Ticket Office deals with the processing of all Fixed Penalty Notices, Penalty Notices for Disorder and Traffic Offence Reports (TOR’s).

A Penalty Notice for Disorder covers offences such as Drunk and Disorderly, minor criminal damage and more serious offences such as causing harassment, alarm and distress.

If you receive one of these you have 2 options:

  • Pay the ticket in full or
  • Request a Court Hearing

Officers may issue a traffic offence report instead of a fixed penalty ticket as they allow them to offer driver education courses.

There are 2 types of ticket:

  • Non-Endorsable ticket – value can be up to £100 and no points on licence
  • Endorsable ticket – value can be up to £300 and can result in between 3 and 6 penalty points on your licence

Some offences may be eligible for an education course, however, certain criteria needs to be met.  Our current education provider for Gwent Police is TTC.

Officers may issue a Fixed Penalty Notice for Parking offences, the value can be up to £100 and some parking offences can result in 3 penalty points on your licence.

Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme (VDRS) are issued by Officers when they determine that the vehicle has a defect that may pose a safety risk to the driver or members of the public.

To comply with this notice, the recipient is responsible for getting the defect on the vehicle rectified at a reputable garage within 14 days and providing proof that the defect has been rectified.

Failure to comply with the VDRS notice may result in Prosecution.