Going to Court

If someone is charged the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) will decide whether to prosecute in court.

The Citizens Advice Bureau offers a witness support service to every witness who needs it. You can choose if you would like the service. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/citizens-advice-witness-service/

If your case goes to court you will be contacted by the Witness Care Unit who will give you support and information before you go to court.

They can:

  • Assist in arranging a pre-court visit with you, so you know what to expect on the day.
  • Provide support to help you give evidence. 

Always try to tell the Witness Care Unit how you are feeling and if you have any concerns so they can help you get the support you need.