What to look out for
- Appearing with unexplained gifts or possessions that can’t be accounted for
- Having mood swings and changes in temperament
- Using drugs or alcohol
- Having much older people giving them lifts in cars
- Having a much older boyfriend or girlfriend
- Physical harm, such as bruising or cigarette burns
- Going missing or regularly coming home late
- Changing their usual group of friends for another, older group
- Meeting unknown adults, or chatting to unknown people, either on their phones on through social media
- Talking about boyfriends you have never seen
- Owning more than one mobile phone
DON’T IGNORE YOUR GUT FEELING THAT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.
SAY SOMETHING IF YOU SEE SOMETHING.