To apply for the role of police constable, you will need to:
- Be aged 18 years or over (on the day you submit your application)
- Have lived in the UK for three continuous years, immediately prior to application.
- Be a British Citizen, or passport holders from a EU Member State, You can also apply if you're a Commonwealth citizen or foreign national who is resident in the UK with indefinite leave to remain.
- Have achieved a standard of education equivalent to Level 3 for the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship, or a Degree, for the Degree Holder Entry Scheme.
- Not be a member of the British National Party (BNP) plus other organisations such as Combat 18 or The National Front.
- Not have any tattoos which could cause offence.
- If you have a criminal record, this doesn't mean you're automatically ineligible; it depends on the nature of your conviction. Please declare any caution or conviction on your application form, failure to do so will result in failing vetting due to integrity issues.
- You must hold a full manual driving licence prior to commencing with Gwent Police.