Appeal for information following assault in Abergavenny
Main article content
Officers are appealing for information following a report of an assault in Llanfoist.
A woman reported that she was approached from behind and grabbed by an unknown man while out running on the cycle track near Abergavenny Garden Centre, Llanfoist, heading towards Gilwern on January 20 at around 7.55pm.
Fortunately, the woman was able to run off and wasn't harmed.
The suspect is described as being a white man, around 6ft3 in height, of medium build and in his 20s to 30s. He was wearing jogging bottoms and a black hoodie.
Monmouthshire Inspector Nikki Hughes said: “The victim was left shaken by this incident but thankfully unharmed. Enquiries are continuing and we are appealing to anyone who may have seen a man matching the description to come forward.
“Local officers have been carrying out high-visibility patrols in the area to provide community reassurance and these patrols will continue.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call us on 101 quoting reference 2100022826.
You can also report information via direct message on Facebook or Twitter.
Alternatively, you can also report information to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
While the chances of you or a member of your family becoming a victim of crime are low, we do want to offer some suitable advice:
• Let someone know where you're going and for how long you’re planning to be out.
• Consider downloading a fitness tracker app on which a trusted family member or friend can trace your movements, just remember to lock your privacy setting from public to private.
• Take your phone out with you and make sure you have your battery charged.
• Plan your route beforehand, taking into account whether it will be a busy or well-lit area.
• Consider running or walking with others if possible.
• If you feel uncomfortable, or at risk, look for a place of safety, such as a shop or anywhere where there are other people and tell someone your concerns.
• Be aware of your surroundings - concentrate on what and who is around you.
• Don’t be distracted by using mobile gadgets and MP3 players. If you are listening to music, make sure it's not too loud so that you are aware of someone approaching you.