Ride Along Scheme
The Gwent Police Ride Along Scheme enables you to experience first-hand what your local officers are dealing with on a daily basis.
You may be interested in finding out what happens when officers respond to calls, how they proactively patrol areas on the beat or how our Force Communications Suite allocates calls from members of the public. This scheme enables you to join officers and staff and observe their work.
For more information read our Ride Along Scheme policy.
Please use the below form to apply to take part in the scheme.
Please note the following Terms and Conditions before applying.
Participants in the scheme must:
- Be a resident in the Gwent Police area or provide a reason why they would wish to be considered
- Be aged 18 years or above (younger people of 16 or above may take part under certain circumstances)
- Undergo criminal record checks. If you have previous convictions, your involvement on the scheme will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Sign a disclaimer / confidentiality agreement form
- Sign and agree to the terms of an observer briefing form
- Gwent Police reserves the right to refuse participation in this scheme and to terminate the Ride Along at any point, if it is necessary for the officer or member of staff to carry out their work effectively, efficiently and safely.